Help me welcome my newest pattern: the Tabitha Quilt! Last year, I decided that I wanted to make a quilt that would work well with Halloween collections. After going through a lot of potential designs and trying to make something cutesy and Halloween-themed, none of them designs felt like the right fit.
About a zillion ideas into this project, I came up with the design that ended up as the Tabitha Quilt: it's a kind of little bit Halloween-ish with a candy shape, but the pattern works just as well with non-Halloween fabrics. And guys I really love this pattern.
- Layer cake friendly for all sizes! I have been wanting to add more layer cake friendly designs to my shop and this one works so well. It makes efficient use of the fabric but it doesn't quite use the entire square so you can trim off the pinked edges if you don't love them.
- The baby and lap size quilts are fat eighth friendly and the larger sizes are fat quarter friendly.
- The pattern is really fun and different when you use bright or dark colors for the background fabric or Fabric B.
- Parts of the quilt are strip-pieced for quick and easy piecing.
- The pattern works with novelty fabric, seasonal collections, vintage prints, or is a great stashbuster.
- There are instructions for sizes from baby size all the way up to king size.
I have 3 different samples to share with you this week + I will be sharing mockups later this week with more collections. If you have any requests, let me know in the comments!