If you are looking for a last minute Christmas present for yourself (or someone else), I have a really fun new pattern for you: this is the Melody Quilt Pattern. This is my FINAL pattern of 2022.
Like most of my other patterns, this one is named after someone special in my life. Someone extra special — this pattern is named after my mom. Why did I wait so long to name a pattern after my mom? I don't know, sorry mom!
My mom is the BEST. I will spare you the details, but she pulled us out of a not-so-great situation when I was a teenager and went on to get certified to teach special ed and then got a masters' degree. She now teaches high school and spends an absolute ton of time volunteering with inmates in a prison. She's pretty amazing.
And so is this pattern! Here are a few things you are going to love about the Melody Quilt:
- It is fat eighth or fat quarter or 1/2 yard friendly (depending on the quilt size).
- This pattern is great for newer quilters. It has enough half square triangles to give you some practice but not enough to burn you out.
- The pattern has a ton of movement so it works really well with random stash pulls or just about any collection.
- This is also a great pattern for scraps! I made a scrap version that I will be sharing soon.
- There are instructions for lots of sizes: baby, lap, twin, queen, AND king.
- Plus it's named after my really great mom.