Phew. This scrappy version of the Gracie Quilt has been sitting on the back burner for way too long. It kept getting set aside for projects with deadlines and then it was raining for soooo long that it took a while to get it photographed.
I can honestly say that I loved making this quilt. Using value gives to different the pattern in the quilt gives it a little bit of an extra challenge. Since I have a pretty good stash of precut squares, I didn't have to cut any shapes from my HSTs, but I did need to cut down some scraps for the larger pieces (I needed to clear out the scrap bin a bit anyway!).
This took a good chunk out of my bin. I have one section of my scraps that is mostly from leftover backing fabric pieces and I relied heavily on those for the quilt since most of my other scraps were pretty small.
For the backing, I used an older print that has been in my stash for several years. I liked that it was a little more muted and didn't add to the crazy that was already going on with the quilt.
If you would like to take a chunk out of your own scrap bin, you can pick up a copy of the Gracie Quilt Pattern in the shop.