This quilt was really supposed to be done weeks ago. But at least it is done (the day before) Valentine's Day.
The quilt is made from my Harper Quilt
pattern using the small polka dot templates. The small little dots are so quick to sew together that this was a relaxing and enjoyable project.
I don't really think of myself as a "pink person," but I actually like pink quite a bit and have a LOT of it in my stash. It was so fun to actually sew with some of it!
I used a variety of pink and red solids and polka dot prints for the background fabric and a variety of low volume prints for the polka dots. My red and pink solids stash has been pretty thoroughly depleted.
I did something on this quilt that I would never recommend: I knowingly used a backing fabric that was 2" too small. The horror!
But I did it for a reason. I had some Michael Miller Minky
in the most perfectly Valentines-y pink in my stash. My quilt top was 60" x 72" and the minky was 58" x 70." I waited until after the quilt was quilted, then trimmed a little from the quilt top. It's not something I would normally do, but I knew that I was going to keep this quilt for my family and the backing was just too perfect.
The binding fabric is Kona Pomegranate and I sewed it on with my normal big stitch binding
. The quilting is a random grid of straight-ish lines.
Finished Size: 58" x 72"
Pattern: The Harper Quilt