We are getting so close to the end of the Penny Quiltalong - I hope you guys are still hanging in there.
For this week, here are a few tips to get you started -
- Set your blocks out on your design wall or your floor and make sure that all of your blocks are facing the right direction and that you are happy with your fabric placement.
- I like to add the sashing between the blocks (the shortest sashing pieces) and and get those all pressed, ready to go, and lay them out again before I start adding the sashing between the rows. That helps me see if I have made any block placement errors before I start sewing everything together.
- Like I mentioned last week - pay close attention to where the long sashing strips attach to your blocks.
- Use the technique shown in the video below (it's the same video I posted last week) to line up your rows.
- I like to backstitch at the beginning/end of the rows when adding sashing, especially for on-point quilts like this one because it helps keep the fabric pieces from pulling apart.