Way back in 2020, I made a scrappy version of my Iris Quilt pattern. I took photos of the full quilt, but no closeups, and promptly forgot all about it. But then this past week, I saw a photo of it and realized I never blogged about it! And I sold it in my last sample sale so I cant take more pictures.
There was a time when it felt like I never had anything to blog about because projects took so long, but now I frequently feel like I sometimes have too many projects to blog about. Documenting finished quilts is important to me - I don't want to forget any of them!
The Iris Quilt is a jelly roll friendly pattern that I released last year. It is strip pieced so it is pretty quick to put together, but I (of course) had to make a scrappy version (which isn't strip pieced because . . . scraps) and that one wasn't quite so quick. But it was still a lot of fun.
For this quilt, I tried to primarily stick to primary colors, but then mixed in some secondary colors too because I couldn't help myself. I do not generally like to sew with red and enjoyed the challenge of trying to incorporate it.
To keep things cohesive, I decided to use a single sashing color (Kona Ash) and a single background fabric. This is an older Juliana Horner print that was available at Joann's years ago. Sometimes when I make a scrap quilt I will supplement fabrics from my stash, but (other than the sashing/background fabrics) this one was 100% scraps.
If you would like to make your own version of the Iris Quilt pattern, you can pick up a copy in the shop.