Since I have not yet adjusted to sunset happening before 5pm AND because it has been raining non-stop here until yesterday, I have been way behind on getting photos of my finished Kara Quilts. This morning on the way to my daughter's dermatologist appointment, we took some quick photos in a field. This actually worked nicely because sunrise photos were perfect for this quilt which I made with the First Light fabric collection.
This was a great stash busting project because this quilt was (mostly) made from leftovers from my Virginia Quilt (I had picked up a little bit of yardage of a few of my favorite prints that helped supplement this quilt).
I absolutely adore this collection (especially the pinks/peaches/corals) so it was fun to get to use it again. This pattern works well with this collection for the same reasons that the Virginia Quilt worked well: the pattern handles lots of variation in value (very dark darks and very light lights).
There wasn't a suitable backing fabric in my stash, so I had to buy my favorite print from the collection to use for the back (really, I didn't have a choice, I was forced!). The binding is a black solid.
For the quilting, I did horizontal lines that ended up a little under 2" apart. Normally I do a grid, but this felt like a better choice for this quilt.