Ella Quilt on a whim using some prints from my stash. But then . . . I completely forgot to share it!Earlier this year, I started a new
I probably forgot to post about it because (1) it wasn't part of my plan and was just a fun project and (2) because it was so quick to put together. At least I remembered to take photos so it didn't get forgotten forever!
Since the pattern uses fat quarters and I happen to have a few (a lot!) of those in my stash, it was fun to put together some favorite prints for the quilt. These are mostly Cotton + Steel, but there are a couple of Carolyn Friedlander, a Lotta Jansdotter, a Violet Craft, some Riley Blake dots, and a couple of Art Gallery prints mixed in. I really enjoyed putting this combo together and am now convinced that I need a whole bunch of this print for future projects (it's a very nice, warm gray that I use a lot).
The backing fabric is this really pretty voile arrow print that I have had in my stash for ages (it's called Adventure Bark by Bonnie Christine) and I did my normal big stitch binding.
This is only the second quilt I have made using this pattern and now I'm really thinking I need to make one that is rainbow-y and one that uses a transparency effect with the blocks. I guess I have some planning to do!